Win a £100 Shoprite Shopping voucher
Win a £100 Shoprite Shopping voucher
Monday 19th October 2020 to Thursday 29th October 2020
Terms and Conditions
1. Entrants to this prize draw shall be deemed to have accepted these Terms and Conditions
2. Entry is open only to United Kingdom, Isle of Man and Channel Islands residents aged 18 and over at the date of entry. Employees and agents of the Promoter or any company associated with the prize draw are ineligible to enter the prize draw, as are members of their families or households.
3. Entrants must have internet access and a Facebook account, which can be opened for free at www.facebook.com or by downloading the Facebook application onto your smart phone from your app store. Entries must be made by the authorised account holder of the Facebook profile used at the time of entry.
Prize Draw Entry
4. No purchase is necessary to enter the prize draw.
5. The prize draw begins on Monday 19th October 2020 at 3pm. All entries must be posted/received by 3pm GMT on Thursday 29th October 2020 and late entries (for whatever reason) will be invalid. Proof of sending will not be accepted as proof of receipt.
6. To enter the prize draw for a chance to win a £100 Shoprite shopping voucher, log on to your Facebook account comment on the prize draw post found on the Shoprite Facebook page [insert link to post] naming your favourite Manx product.
Please Note: The content of your entry will not be judged and therefore will not increase or decrease your chances of winning the prize.
7. One entry is allowed per person, regardless of the method of entry. If multiple entries are received in excess of the stated limitation from any person or social media account, only the first entry from such person or social media account will be considered. You are responsible for the cost (if any) of sending your entry to us. Entries on behalf of another person will not be accepted and joint submissions are not allowed. Only one winner is permitted per household.The winners shall be the owners of the social media account from which the winning entry is sent.
8. In addition to these Terms and Conditions, all prize draw entries must comply with the Facebook terms and conditions available at: www.facebook.com/terms.php?ref=pf
Any entry which does not comply with these Terms and Conditions may be disqualified from the prize draw.
9. Entry may not contain, as determined by the Promotor, in its sole discretion, any content that (without limitation):
a. is sexually explicit or suggestive; violent or derogatory of any ethnic, racial, gender, religious, professional or age group; profane or pornographic; contains nudity;
b. promotes alcohol, illegal drugs, tobacco, firearms/weapons (or the use of any of the foregoing); promotes any activities that may appear unsafe or dangerous;
c. promotes any particular political agenda or message;
d. is obscene or offensive; endorses any form of hate or hate group;
e. may have the effect of being harassing, threatening, or abusive or that otherwise degrades or intimidates an individual or group of individuals on the basis of religion, gender, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, age or disability;
f. defames, misrepresents or contains disparaging remarks about Promotor, other people or companies;
g. contains any viruses or other harmful programs;
h. contains trade marks, logos, or trade dress (such as distinctive packaging or building exteriors/interiors) owned by others, without permission;
i. contains any personal identification, such as licence plate numbers, personal names, e-mail addresses or street addresses;
j. contains copyrighted materials owned by others (including music, photographs, sculptures, paintings, and other works of art or images published on or in websites, television, movies or other media), without permission;
k. contains materials embodying the names, likenesses, voices, or other indicia identifying any person, including, without limitation, celebrities and/or other public or private figures, living or dead, without permission;
l. contains look-alikes of celebrities or other public or private figures, living or dead;
m. contains any other third party materials and/or content that you do not have permission to use;
n. communicates messages or images inconsistent with the positive images and/or good will to which we wish to associate; and/or
o. breaks any law.
10. Reasons for possible disqualification from the prize draw include, but are not limited to:
a. your entry does not comply with these Terms and Conditions;
b. you are not eligible to enter the prize draw;
c. you cannot be contacted.
In the event of disqualification, we may select a new winner in accordance with the selection processes outlined below.
11. If you have any questions about how to enter or otherwise in connection with this prize draw, please email us at email@example.com with “winashopwithshoprite”as the subject line.
12. There are 3 prizes to be won, consisting of: 3 x £100 Shoprite shopping vouchers.
13. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any costs associated with the prize that are not expressly included in the prize description.
14. The prize winners will be selected by way of a random draw from all entries received in accordance with these Terms and Conditions. The draw will take place on or after Thursday 29th October 2020.
15. The prize winners will be the first entriesto be selected at random and the draw will be performed by a random computer process.
16. The winner will be notified by direct message or comment sent to the social media account that the entrant used on entry to the prize draw. Such notification will be sent by end of business on Monday 2nd November 2020.
17. The prize is awarded at the Promoter’s discretion and no prize will be awarded as a result of improper actions by or on behalf of an entrant. There are no cash alternatives and prizes are not transferable nor exchangeable by the winner. The Promoter reserves the right to substitute the prize with an alternative prize of similar value if the original prize offered is not available.
Claiming the Prize
18. In order to claim the prize, the winner must provide their full name, date of birth and a contact email address or telephone number, and will be asked to provide an address or email address in the United Kingdom to which the prize should be delivered. The prize will be delivered within 30 days of the date on which the winner provides the requested delivery details.
19. If a prize remains unclaimed 30 days after the initial notification is sent to a winner, the winner rejects the prize, the winner is ineligible, the winner’s entry is invalid or disqualified or the winner has otherwise failed to comply with these Terms and Conditions, the prize will be forfeited and an alternative winner will be selected at random in accordance with the procedure set out above (and that winner will have to respond to notification within 30 days or else they will also forfeit their prize).
20. The name and county of the winners will be available after Friday 30th October 2020 by writing to the Promoter at the following address: Win a shop with Shoprite, Centre House, Little Switzerland, Douglas, IM2 4RE
21. The Promoter assumes no responsibility for lost, unauthorised, misdirected, illegible, falsified, delayed or incomplete entries, all of which are invalid and void, or for difficulties experienced in submitting an entry to this prize draw, including as a result of any technical delay, failure or defect. Proof of delivery of the entry is not proof of receipt by the Promoter.
22. The decision of the Promoter shall be final and no correspondence will be entered into. The Promoter reserves the right at any time: (i) to verify, or have a third party verify, that any entrant meets the eligibility requirements and has complied with these Terms and Conditions; and/or (ii) to disqualify any entry that fails to meet such eligibility requirements and/or otherwise comply with these Terms and Conditions.
23. The Promoter will not be liable if any prize fails to reach the potential winner or if the potential winner cannot take it for reasons beyond the Promoter’s control, if any prize is damaged during delivery, or if the Promoter is unable to contact the winner, including due to your provision of inaccurate or incomplete information.
25. The winner may be required to take part in promotional activity related to the prize draw and shall participate in such activity on the Promoter’s reasonable request. The winnerconsents to the use by the Promoter and its related companies, both before and after the closing date of the prize draw for an unlimited time throughout the world, of the winner’s voice, image, photograph, performance, prize information, name and/or likeness for publicity purposes (in any medium, including still photographs and films, and on the internet, including any websites hosted by the Promoter and its related companies) and in advertising, marketing or promotional material without additional compensation or prior notice and, in entering the prize draw, all entrants consent to the same. Such material will be owned by the Promoter who has the right to use, edit, adapt, post, stream, copy and exploit the material. The winner agrees to help the Promoter obtain the necessary releases (if applicable) if requested by the Promoter to do so. By participating, the entrant also agrees not to release any publicity or other materials on their own or through someone else regarding their participation in the prize draw without prior consent from the Promoter which may be withheld in the Promoter’s sole discretion.
26. By entering the prize draw and submitting any material, you warrant to the Promoter that you own all the rights in such material, and that your entry is your sole and original creation and has not been copied in whole or in part from any other work. The Promoter will not be responsible for the content of any material submitted by you, and you accept that (i) you will be responsible for ensuring that any material submitted does not infringe any third party rights (such as intellectual property rights) and (ii) you will be liable for any claims, losses, fines, penalties, costs or damages suffered or incurred by you or the Promoter as a result of any such infringement.
27. The Promoter reserves the right at any time to withdraw, delay, amend or discontinue this prize draw temporarily or permanently and with or without prior notice in the event of any unforeseen circumstances outside its reasonable control including without limitation cases of anticipated, suspected or actual fraud, weather conditions, fire, flood, hurricane, strike, industrial dispute, war, hostilities, political unrest, riots, civil commotion, inevitable accidents, supervening legislation or any other circumstances amounting to force majeure) and will not be in breach of these terms or liable for any delay or failure in performing its obligations due to such circumstances.
28. You agree the Promoter and its affiliates, agents and their employees, directors and shareholders will be held harmless by you for any liability, loss, damage, injury or disappointment of any kind resulting in any way from participation in the prize draw. The Promoter further disclaims liability from any damage to your or another person’s computer relating to or resulting from participation in or downloading any materials in connection with the prize draw. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions shall exclude the liability of the Promoter under law for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation, for death or personal injury resulting from its negligence. The Promoter makes no express or implied warranties with respect to the safety, appearance or performance of the prize[s].
29. The Promoter shall not be liable for any failure to comply with its obligations relating to this Prize Draw where the failure is caused by something outside its reasonable control. Such circumstances shall include, but not be limited to, weather conditions, fire, flood, hurricane, strike, industrial dispute, war, hostilities, political unrest, riots, civil commotion, inevitable accidents, supervening legislation or any other circumstances amounting to force majeure.
30. You acknowledge that:
a. the Promotion and the Promoter’s Facebook page are in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook;
b. you hereby release Facebook from any claim or liability suffered in connection with the prize draw.
31. If any court or competent authority finds that any provision of these Terms and Conditions (or part of any provision) is invalid, illegal or unenforceable, that provision or part-provision shall, to the extent required, be deemed to be deleted, and the validity and enforceability of the other provisions of these Terms and Conditions shall not be affected.
32. These Terms and Conditions are governed by the laws of England and Wales and are subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
33. The Promoter is Shoprite plc,Centre House, Little Switzerland, Douglas, IM2 4RE
34. For all queries or issues with this prize draw, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org at the Promoter’s address above.